GreaterRealms is currently seeking new candidates for Global Moderator. What is a global moderator?
A global moderator differs from a forum moderator in that a global moderator has many more permissions and abilities on GR outside of just one forum, but on all the forums. Global moderators on GR have access to a special moderators panel to handle any posts that may be reported for breaking GR guidelines. Global Moderators represent GreaterRealms, GR staff and GR administration and should reflect upon what GR stands for in their presence upon GreaterRealms. What would a global moderator be expected to do on GR?
What sort of experience should a global moderator have?
- A global moderator would be expected to log in at least once or twice (or more if they wish) a week to GreaterRealms and keep an eye on the global moderator panel for any posts that may be reported.
- Global moderators are asked to check any reported posts for spam; then moving the topic to the appropriate holding area and informing the administrator.
- Global moderators should also be able to respond to a member's request to have a double post moved, or a post which they created that needs to be stored, should the administration be unable to respond.
- Global moderators should be passingly familiar with our Knowledge Base and help topics in order to point members who may have questions in the right direction.
- Global moderators are encouraged to post as frequently as they can in the OOC sections to engage the community when possible and remain active. If also possible, Global mods are encouraged to answer any questions they can in the Support, Feedback, and drop by introduction threads to greet new members.
- Global moderators should be somewhat experienced with the 'customer service,' aspect of handling contact with members politely, responsibility and with respect.
- If interested, G. Moderators may also be granted the position of becoming a chat moderator with the ability to assist in handling any untoward spamming or trolling of the chat. This is not a required aspect however.
Ideally, GR would look for a moderator passingly familiar with how to:
What is never expected of a global moderator?
- Split topics
- Move a topic (With or without a shadow topic depending on the post)
- Check the moderator panel
- Be able to recognize a spam post and move it to the appropriate forum
- Be able to respond to general questions from members about what forum might be appropriate for OOC questions, suggestions, bugs, concerns, what forum may be appropriate for IC posts or direct a member to where they may request a subforum & how to find our Knowledge Base.
- Be familiar with and understand our Guidelines as well as follow them.
Global moderators should never handle:
- The banning of spam accounts
- Deletion of any topic, post, or member account
- Handling player to player issues (these should be forwarded to the administrator)
- Administration panel knowledge
- Creation of any forums or subforums
- Editing or modifying a member's topic in anyway
If you are interested in assisting us here at GreaterRealms and applying for the position of global moderator, please contact GreaterRealms@2phatgeeks.com
. We'll send you a very short, quick and hopefully easy to answer G. Moderator application form to fill out and will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thanks for checking this out, GR, and happy gaming!