Open Thread Ask a Drow

Sulissurn

Apparently behind the bar of both The Brazen Wench and O'cleary's, there is a little black box that sits ominously, squat and waiting for--letters (although to be honest, it looks more like it would accept blood, children, and sacrifice.)

Letters dropped inside the box disappear. But randomly, a little red gem atop it glows when there's a letter to be picked up and read in reply.

Beside the gem is an inscription: Ask a drow a question. Get an answer.

((OOC: I thought that this might be something fun and hilarious for players a like who may have always wanted to ask Suliss' something, or approach her, but have been rather off-put by her usual temperament. Or--just fun for fun's sake! Feel free to have your character drop their questions off in the "box," as a reply to this thread. Players can decide whether or not to be "anonymous," in their letter-questions or sign their characters names.
I look forward to seeing what this thread will do! Enjoy! Or not
As always, up to you!))

Last edited by a moderator:

Sulissurn

On a small slip of paper, a reply waited for Skid. He knew a reply waited, because when he passed by the little strange container, it flashed a red light like a wild eye and spit out the piece of paper for him--and only him. It read:

I will drown you.

And we shall both enjoy it.

Ahni

Ahni had passed by the little box more times than she could count -- mostly because she always forgot about it almost immediately after she passed. This time, though, it piqued her interest enough to scribble a little message on a scrap of paper.

Do you like flowers? They are so beautiful! What about cookies? I enjoy making cookies that make all of the people happy. Do you believe in unicorns? I thought I saw one once, but it turned out to be an old horse with a stick tangled in its mane.

At the bottom of the scrap of paper, she scribbled a drawing of a lily surrounded by vines.

Sulissurn

Like all things Suliss', they happened on her own time or they did naut happen at all. After weeks of appearing inactive, the strange black box beeped and winked a light as Ahni passed by, spitting out a reply.
Flowers that bleed.
Do you make cookies that bleed?
Unicorn meat is stringy and makes you
shu sparkles.

Noira

Dungeon-delver and drink-slinger
Evelyn, as ever with every place she went, was not entirely sure how she ended up at O'Cleary's. But upon witnessing someone deposit a question into the mysterious (and sacrificial?!) black letterbox and the awkward and uncomfortable interrogation that followed, she resolved to write Suliss'urn a letter of her own.

After a full thirteen minutes and eleven seconds of careful consideration, she penned the following on a sheet of paper from an RVS Pharmacy memo pad, enclosed in a black envelope with a bunch of dead spiders.

Dear Suliss'urn,

I do not think we have met before but we may have. I am bad with names and places because I travel a lot. You may recall me even if I do not recall you, so I shall include a sketch of myself:

☺

And here is a sketch of a koala bear:

•ᴥ•

My question for you is this: if part or all of your personal telephone became possessed by an evil god, what would you do?

XOXO,

E. A. B.

P.S. If you are ever in the market for a death ray, please let me know.

Pslyder

A simple folded letter of purple paper with silver ink appeared in the box.

"Suliss,

Your adoring fans are wondering ... when are you going to come finish what you started? The 'DOME awaits you. (Now with Bloodbath and Apocalypse rings!)

K.H."

Ahni

After receiving the response to her inquiries, Ahni again passed by the little black box more times than she could remember, trying to think of other things to ask the fancy case. She was quite certain she hadn't met a drow before, and it was fun to send and receive letters from... well, whoever it was on the other side!

Why do you think sprinkles taste so yummy?

Underneath the question, the little half-elf scribbled a drawing of a lily. And for good measure, she dropped a hot pink daisy into the box. Upon touching the flower, goopy bits of red glitter mixed with what appeared to be honey would seep out from the center - Ahni's attempt at creating a flower that 'bled.'

Sulissurn

Ahni said:
Why do you think sprinkles taste so yummy?

She'd lived here a long time...but she was pretty sure she had never seen such a flower before. Disgust and curiosity warred for prominence in the dark elf's face as she scribbled a distracted response.

"Sugar." Then under that, "You're odd."

It might have happened then. It might have happened later. It might have happened days ago. A scrap of parchment in the box. Which box? Did it matter?

On the parchment in neat calligraphy a bit of verse from a human named Sassoon.

“Dark clouds are smouldering into red
While down the craters morning burns.
The dying soldier shifts his head
To watch the glory that returns:
He lifts his fingers toward the skies
Where holy brightness breaks in flame;
Radiance reflected in his eyes,
And on his lips a whispered name.”

Sulissurn

Perhaps the strange black box replied right away; or a week from now, or a week ago. Either way, it spit it's little note to him the next he passed. And it simply said:

I am nothing but the empty net which has gone on ahead
of human eyes, dead in those darknesses,
of fingers accustomed to the triangle, longitudes
on the timid globe of an orange.

I walked around as you do, investigating
the endless star,
and in my net, during the night, I woke up naked,
the only thing caught, a fish trapped inside the wind.*

*Enigmas, Pablo Neruda

Forgot your password?