Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
If you encounter any issues or bugs with our new Chat room, please report them here.

Remember to include as much detail as possible if you can, such as what time, what error, what browser you use, what you were doing. Screenshots are a great help if you can get them too, thanks!

Kalamere

rhydin.org
Not a bug, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this. Does the new chat have logs available anywhere? I'll need to update Lurker to pull from the new source, or remove the GR option is I can't get to anything.

~Kal

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
Ugg.. nope. Just discovered that in order to see the archive, you have to be logged in. That'll nix Lurker's ability to pull logs.
I could make them public, but I am not sure how my members feel about guests being able to read them, and I am not 100% sure yet (have not tested) if logs post from private rooms/password protected yet. I could post a poll to ask members what they want and how they feel about it?

Kalamere

rhydin.org
Given the format of the archive page, I can't say I'm 100% positive that I'll be able to scrape the content to put it onto Lurker. Let's see how that discussion goes though. If people don't want it, then it's nbd and I'll just remove the GR section from the lurker page. If it turns out it is desirable to have Lurker show the chat logs though, then I'll give it a shot and see if I can get the content from the archive page. If I can't, then we can discuss a custom API that I could hit (which is how we did it with the old site actually - I wrote a php script that read the chat tables in the database, excluding any direct message / whisper content, and then delivered it back in json format).

We can do (not do) whatever... I'm easy like that ;)

Reactions: Pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
@Kalamere as I have had no responses against or for making logs accessible to guests/unregistered, I have decided to allow them to be viewed for now unless member view point changes. I don't know if that will help in anyway.

Kalamere

rhydin.org
Any chance you missed a checkbox or something in that? If I go to the archieve URL you gave me, without being logged in, I just get a message that: "You haven't joined any rooms."

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
Any chance you missed a checkbox or something in that? If I go to the archieve URL you gave me, without being logged in, I just get a message that: "You haven't joined any rooms."
This might have to do with the settings permission of not allowed guests to actually log in. I am not sure though, and not sure I want guests in chat. Let me go back and check to see what sort of settings I can play with.

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
From Siropu, chat ad on creator:
If you give "View" perms but not "Use" to guests, the chat editor and input will be replaced with a message.
So I would have to, I think, create a Guest chat room and allow them to use that. I have created a guest chat with guest permissions. I am not sure how that will go frankly, or how members will feel about it. But it's there for the mean time.

EDIT: I would have to allow Guests/Unregistered members the use and ability to post in all public rooms. I think that would be sort of a Bad Idea. I don't have controls to limit a guest from specific rooms; they have access to either the guest room or all.

Forgot your password?