D&D Anyone?

What days do you prefer to have a gaming session?

• Friday 11p-2p

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Saturday 3p-6p

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 6p-8p

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Craven Delights

Heyo!

So here's the deal. I've been wanting to get my game on, old school table-top style. But I don't have much nearby, nor the time, to dedicate to traveling outside the home every week or month to actually play with anyone. And in past discussions, there's a sentiment like that among a few DM/GR players.

After talking to a few people, I had the idea...why not get our game on using GR.

The full idea.
Play via Skype. This way whomever is DM can show the map and minis for all to see. We can use a die-roller to keep everything honest. And RP out the actual dice action once results are locked in. Or merely describe the moves in our own voices, if that's how folks want to roll. *Badum-ching!*

I know, for me, it might be hysterical to see what happens if Sulis, Kuori, Skid, and Khoom actually go on a dungeon delve. Oh lords above!

Thoughts? Ideas to improve this thought? Alternatives?

Craven Delights

And for resource books, many of us have our own...and I also have this..

http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

This has 3.5, 4, the new 5e, and Pathfinder.

No 2nd, Sal, sorry :(

Necromesh

I LIIIIIIIIVE
Would be fun. Making Skid into an actual character would be stupid hard for me, if not impossible? XD Uh. I mean. I could technically do it. I guess. Would we be using our actual characters or rolling up for a real campaign?

I like the idea, just because D&D JONESIN' AHHHHH but yeah. More deets!

Craven Delights

Necromesh said:
Would be fun. Making Skid into an actual character would be stupid hard for me, if not impossible? XD Uh. I mean. I could technically do it. I guess. Would we be using our actual characters or rolling up for a real campaign?

I like the idea, just because D&D JONESIN' AHHHHH but yeah. More deets!

Either one really, I just used that as an example. Up to the players really. Can roll up a brand spankin' new toon, or go with something we know. Me? Personally? I'd make something new and start at Level 1.

The Redneck

Don't know about Skype, because I've never, ever, ever used it. But I'd be down for level one start outs. Though, I'd probably wind up having to have someone run my char if/when folks don't want to play during the week.

Kuori said:

Oh. I have 2nd edition. And I can probably find some free PDFs online if anybody wanted them. Are you saying "no sorry" because you don't have them? Or "no sorry" because you are ixnaying 2nd Edition altogether?

I don't mind playing 3.5, because I have those books too. No biggie. I'm not that much of an elitist snob. But the way WotC jacked my psionics still pisses me off, so fuck that noise.

I was actually thinking Google Hangouts might be the better option, too.

The Redneck

I have 2nd, and some 1st editions. Very much prefer those over the later, abominations. And I know the majority of the books from 1st and 2nd are available online, I just have to remember where.

Craven Delights

Delahada said:
Kuori said:

Oh. I have 2nd edition. And I can probably find some free PDFs online if anybody wanted them. Are you saying "no sorry" because you don't have them? Or "no sorry" because you are ixnaying 2nd Edition altogether?

I don't mind playing 3.5, because I have those books too. No biggie. I'm not that much of an elitist snob. But the way WotC jacked my psionics still pisses me off, so fuck that noise.

I was actually thinking Google Hangouts might be the better option, too.

No,no no, I meant on that link for character generators, they don't have a 2nd edition one.

The rest of your ideas are gravy!

Oh. Character generators. LOL.

I'm old school. I like to actually physically roll the dice with my hands, do the math, and allocate points where I please. I like letting the DM tell me which die roll method we're using to generate characters (my favorite being 4d6, drop the lowest number, six times). I like to write down, on a piece of paper, with a pencil, my character's stats and items and things.

I didn't even click the link. I thought you were linking to resource book PDFs, because... books.

And I really don't understand Pathfinder, though I know you explained it to me before as being supposedly "fixed 3.5 but not quite 4" or something?

Maybe I'm old. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. But every time I see/hear "Pathfinder" I keep getting images in my head of an old, old, old, old D&D setting, like Ravenloft or Krynn, as opposed to a game system in and of itself. So I get confused every time somebody mentions it. Haha.

Val Holt

Personal Text? ::Wonders what it does...::
If someone wants to link the PDF's to D&D rule books, ect, PLEASE DO AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

I've never played D&D before, the closest thing I've gotten to is War Hammer 40,000. Different in so much that I've never built a character inside the D&D rule setting, and I'd love to do that thing!! AND actually play the game, if others want to as well. Skype is easy peasy, only used Google Hangout once but I can do that too

tigerphoenix

Skype is not difficult to use. Actually, I use Skype weekly, because our D&D tabletop group, centered in Rockville, MD, has a guy from western Illinois who games with us. (We met him online in WoW. NERRRRDS!) It's a fairly simple video call. (And this is coming from someone who is technologically challenged.)

I'm not sure I can handle another D&D game though. Almost everyone in our group runs one, and sometimes keeping characters straight can be...fun. (And we just added another bunch, because the group voted to run 5E too!)

Still, I want to HEAR about it!!

Forgot your password?