Important Last chance to update thread/content owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
As you may (or may not) know, during the transition from SMF to Xenforo we lost the ability to use Sub accounts, merging emails and posts from sub accounts to one single account. During the month of Feburary, I installed an add on that would allow all current members to change the names of the post author and post replies to properly reflect which character posted what.

As this is currently available to all registered members, there is a high chance of mischief that could happen should the setting remain for all to use. I will be turning the permissions for registered members off soon to cut down on any unforeseen issues that may occur in the future with new members mistakenly changing things or on purpose.

I will be removing the registered member permissions to change post author and reply author on March 18th.

I highly recommend that if you have lost your sub account on this forum to re-register it, and go about changing post authors as soon as possible. Otherwise this feature will be an admin only one after the 18th and you will need to contact an administrator to change the post authors name.

HOW TO CHANGE POST AUTHOR/POST REPLY NAME:
Make sure your old Main Account is still registered and working here on GR.
Make sure you have registered and activated any sub accounts/alternative character accounts you had on GR when it was using SMF. If you have activation issues, contact the admin (dat me.)

Go to a post that you wish to change the author name of. Example:
For this example you see a post under my old Admin name on SMF GR, GreaterRealms. I want to change it to be attributed to Pinkatron2000, my new account.

To the right of this message is a small check box that says "Edit." Click on Edit.

When you click on edit, at the bottom of the forum page a new thread moderation bar will appear. It is bright blue and should give you the option to select: Change Content Author. Select Change content author and hit the button that says Go.

Once you hit GO, you are presented with a pop up that will allow you to begin to type the name of the account you wish to change the thread author to. Remember: That account must be registered and created on GreaterRealms in order to change it.

As I am changing the thread Author from GreaterRealms, to Pinkatron, I began to type Pinkatron and let the forum complete with the account name, like so:

Hit Confirm. And that should be it! The post Author should now be attributed to the correct account. Like so:

Don't forget! You have to have registered and activated the account on GR you wish to change the author to. This member ability will be removed by March 18th, 2019. If you wish to change author of a post after this date, please contact the administration. Thank you!

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
This option has now been disabled entirely for registered members. If in the future you would like to change the author's name of a post or reply, please make sure you are the author and owner of both accounts and contact an administrator to have the post/reply author's name changed. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?