Positive of the Day

Canaan

Staff member
I'm late to the ballgame, but today I woke up feeling rested after so many days of having been sick and not sleeping well. It's a great feeling!

• Love
Reactions: Pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
I got February's boxy charm a few days ago. In it came a cream called Coco Cabana Cream and if you like coconut/vanilla cake-ish sorts of smells and can handle perfumes this cream is amazing smelling. I am so glad I got it from boxy charm because the brand, Sol Janeiro sells the 240 ML for 45 bucks!!11! The 75ml is 20, which is more than I can do at the moment. But loooord it smells so good I don't have to wear perfumes or oils. Yesterday at my register I had ladies commenting all the time, "I smell vanilla...I smell cake? Do you smell that? What is that?" and I got to say, "IT ME!"

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
My positive of the day is: Although I didn't get to actually sit in the chat and Role play--I got working on trying to add GR to some RP listing sites, worked on figuring out how to use css purely to show a donations goal tracker, fiddled around with text on GR, did some more forum clean up and what not--I had a really good day at work for once. 5 hours of just doing inventory. No customers. It went by so fast and I got to come home at noon to do the thing I love, which is constantly trying to find new ways, small or big, to make GR better.

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
So, I work retail. Many of you whom have braved these sorts of jobs or still work there, know that some days it's not the best. Some days are O.K and you have to make the best of it as you go.

This guy in a sleeveless T meanders to my register and sets his stuff down. I begin ringing him up with the usual spiel of hi, how are you doing? He says he's doing fine. I notice one small detail however, and since he's the only one in line and I think I can get away with it, I utter: "Did you find everything you needed today....Rebel Scum. "

His eyebrows climb upward, he says, "What?"
And I go to repeat and he started grinning. "Oh, I heard what you said. How's that leader of yours doing? Oh right. Wasn't he tossed down a shaft somewhere?"

He had a tat of the rebellion symbol with two crossed jedi light sabers behind it. I couldn't help myself. But we both grinned in nerd at one another. It is the very small things like that which keep me going day to day and keep me sane. So that was my positive of the day for yesterday and I'm still grinning about it.

Forgot your password?