Role play events, or themes you don't see enough of?

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
When it comes to events, we got a plenty of them for bar theme nights, fights and games (from ROH), story telling and casual tea/drink nights, to all out big events like Beltane.

But are we missing something? Is there an event, small or big, that you wish GR would do? Or other sites? Or are you just event-burned-out?

(Note: yes, I am openly picking your brains here too. Suggestions may happen!)

Death

I've never been one for events, but something I'd really like to try out is anything involving an outbreak of creatures or mass hallucination. Something that could go either way; humorous or serious.

Reactions: Pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
I've never been one for events, but something I'd really like to try out is anything involving an outbreak of creatures or mass hallucination. Something that could go either way; humorous or serious.

I'm not sure if it comes close, but I did just whip together March Merry Madness, which has some illusionary and creature-ish elements found in our events forum!

JustCallMeMako

This doesn't specifically apply to GR, but generally speaking, I don't see a whole lot of stuff involving alternate histories. I'm a bit of a history buff myself, and I get a kick out of "what if" and "what if not" scenarios, as well as more whimsical things like 'gap fillers' for unexplained events, myths, urban legends, and pure hypotheticals such as time travelers or aliens attempting to prevent the dawn of the atomic age on Earth. I know some of the latter things are only very loosely historical or... Alternately historical? But I digress. Cheers!

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
This doesn't specifically apply to GR, but generally speaking, I don't see a whole lot of stuff involving alternate histories. I'm a bit of a history buff myself, and I get a kick out of "what if" and "what if not" scenarios, as well as more whimsical things like 'gap fillers' for unexplained events, myths, urban legends, and pure hypotheticals such as time travelers or aliens attempting to prevent the dawn of the atomic age on Earth. I know some of the latter things are only very loosely historical or... Alternately historical? But I digress. Cheers!
I love those, too! Especially the "what would happen if X super pivotal moment in history never happened," sort of deal. What do you think of Man in the High Castle? Or have you watched that? I really enjoyed watching so far.

JustCallMeMako

I love those, too! Especially the "what would happen if X super pivotal moment in history never happened," sort of deal. What do you think of Man in the High Castle? Or have you watched that? I really enjoyed watching so far.
Honestly, that wasn't even on my radar until now, but I'll definitely get back to you after I'm a few episodes in. Also, thanks for the fancy sticker!

Word games like one phrase at a time, truth or dare, and word association seem like they could work for casual roleplay.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?