Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
When it comes to food, what tastes good and why is always so vastly different from person to another and always surprises me. There are some hotly debated topics out there, such as pineapple on pizza (which I don't actually mind either way), and dipping fries in mayo instead of ketchup--or even in a Wendy's chocolate frosty.

Some people love brussel sprouts, others would rather show up naked to a conference then eat them (I may have exaggerated.)

What's a food you love that other people just don't seem to understand? Do you dip your food in what others might consider odd sauces? Do you have a favorite food pairing others haven't heard of before?

Me? I love a good, very sharp large cut of cheddar cheese with a nice home made slice of apple pie. My grandfather used to eat his like this too and I never got it until I made myself try it for snits and giggles. Another favorite of mine (That I haven't had since a kid) was my grandmothers minced meat pie, hot out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It is an odd mix of eating sweet, spiced meat in a pie but nobody could cook it like here and I don't think I'll ever encounter it again!

JustCallMeMako

Believe it or not, sharp cheddar cheese (cut from a block of cheese, not pre-sliced) goes quite well with whipped cream. It's a difficult flavor combination to describe, and I was highly skeptical when my dad introduced me to it, but after giving it a try, well... I'm posting it here, aren't I?

Reactions: Pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000

Exhausted Retail Unicorn
Staff member
www.greaterrealms.us
Tumblr
hotpinkunicornmess
Steam ID
pinkatron2000
That actually sounds interesting and a bit like pairing the cheese with the sweet apple pie!

Have you found that as you got older, your tastes have changed? For some reason as a kid I used to love ketchup (shudders) on kraft macaroni and cheese. Now? I can't stand the taste of kraft macaroni and cheese, and I never use ketchup on any delicious cheese + macaroni combinations.

Forgot your password?